Functional Self launch new Quicksilver Scientific products
Functional Self announce the arrival of our new Quicksilver product suite, which is designed to support your body’s natural detoxification pathways. Quicksilver Scientific provide premium quality nutraceuticals which combine nature’s nutrients backed by science to deliver the most effective supplements and detoxification protocols on the market.
At the centre of your body’s natural detoxification processes are your kidneys and liver, which we wrote more about this on our recent blog - 5 myths about detoxification. For some people the detoxification organs can be particularly compromised which can lead to excessive fatigue, digestive issues, weight gain and hormonal imbalances.
Of particular concern is heavy metal toxicity. Human exposure to heavy metals has risen dramatically in recent years because of the increase in industrial, domestic and technological applications(1). Metals such as arsenic, chromium, lead, cadmium and mercury are known carcinogens and can all reach toxic levels in the body which may lead to serious health complications including organ damage(2).
The first step for anyone concerned about toxicity levels is to test your levels for heavy metals and other toxins which are common in our environment. This can guide your requirements and whether a detoxification protocol is needed. We also recommend retesting following the protocol to ensure this was effective in reducing and eliminating heavy metal toxicity.
If you do require some detoxification support, our new suite of Quicksilver Scientific products can help to upregulate all aspects of your natural detoxification pathways.
Our new Quicksilver Scientific products include:
- The PushCatch™ Liver Detox - a versatile two-step cleansing protocol designed to help support the liver. In the body, powerful antioxidants buttress a liposomal blend of bitters to “push” toxins to the gut. There, natural binders “catch” the toxins so that they can be safely eliminated by the body.
- Ultra Binder® Universal Toxin Binder - There is no universal binder that has an equal affinity for all toxins. Ultra Binder® answers that need with a comprehensive blend of natural materials that can effectively bind the wide array of toxins we encounter in everyday life.
- Liposomal B-Complex 50ml - B vitamins are the ultimate multitaskers—all eight of the B’s work together to help facilitate critical biochemical reactions throughout your entire body. They can be necessary for energy metabolism, detoxification, immunity, balanced mood, cognitive function and gut health.
- Liposomal Glutathione 50ml - Glutathione is one of the body’s most powerful detoxifiers. It can support healthy immune function and can neutralize a broad spectrum of free radicals.
- IMD - Intestinal Metal Detox 6g - Offering advanced therapeutic detoxification, IMD can attach to methylmercury and other metals and escorts them safely out of the body via the intestines.
- Liposomal Methyl B-12 30ml - Methylcobalamin is a highly bioactive form of B12, an essential water-soluble nutrient that is considered critical for DNA and RNA synthesis, red blood cell production, neurological function, mood and memory, and bone and heart health.
- Vitamin C with R-Lipoic Acid 50ml - Two of our most powerful and versatile antioxidants—Vitamin C and Lipoic Acid—are paired to support detoxification throughout the body. In addition to functioning as extraordinary antioxidants on their own, both can support increased levels of glutathione in the body.
We selected Quicksilver Scientific because of their holistic and balanced approach between science and nature. Quicksilver Scientific products use a enhanced liposomal delivery system, which recent research has shown to be highly bioavailable(3). Liposomes are microscopic single to multi-layer spheres made of phospholipids (the basic building blocks of cell membranes). Phospholipids encapsulate a compound, such as glutathione, in order to bypass the digestive processes that normally degrade or limit the compound's absorption. Liposomes demonstrate the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, deposit their cargo intracellularly, and enhance lymphatic circulation of therapeutic compounds.
We provide non-invasive testing and guidance on individual detoxification protocols. To get your heavy metal levels tested or for a free 15 min consultation please get in touch on our health coaching page.