This Bulletproof Coffee recipe is for one person – just double it for two.
1. Start with 200ml of filtered boiling water
4. Add one tablespoon grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee (build up to two tablespoons or more over several days).
5. Mix in a blender for 20 seconds until the oil and butter are emulsified so the drink is frothy and looks like a creamy latte without a film of oil on the surface.
6. Pour into your favourite cup, or enjoy it in the Bulletproof Travel mug.
Enjoy your coffee!
We have tested using the Bulletproof Travel mug for making coffee on the go. These do produce foam as pictured but be very careful to secure the lid as the contents will be hot. It helps to use a frothing spiral for extra froth and to help it mix.
You can view Dave Asprey’s video on how you make Bulletproof Coffee here:
Toxins in coffee steal your mental edge and actually makes you weak, but clean coffee actually fights cancer and provides antioxidants.
By adding MCT to your coffee, you can have more carbohydrates and yet still stay in Ketosis (burning fat for energy).
MCT is readily absorbed from your small intestine into the blood stream where they’ll go into your liver. The liver converts the MCT into ketone bodies. Ketones don’t go into fat, they feed your brain.
Adding a high quality organic grass-fed animal butter or ghee will give you lots of energy. It will also give your body the healthy fats that it needs to make cell walls and hormones.
Did you know that butter:
- Is the highest source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) – potentially a powerful anti-cancer agent
- Contains 4% butyric acid, an anti-carcinogenic short-chain fatty acid
- Grass-fed butters contain k2 – which benefits include protecting us from heart disease, ensuring healthy skin, forming strong bones, promoting brain function and helping to prevent cancer – to name a few. (Chris Kresser)
- Butter is Packed with Fat-Soluble Vitamins
For more information on Bulletproof Coffee click here.