Many large-scale coffee production processes lead to contamination from toxins and mould. The main culprits here are ‘mycotoxins’, which are metabolites produced by certain types of fungi.
Toxins in coffee can steal your mental edge and make you weak, but clean coffee provides antioxidants and a range of health benefits. If you are a coffee lover, it is worth getting a premium, toxin-free coffee to help you think clearly and feel great.
Adding MCT oil to your coffee gives you a boost of sustained energy and allows you to stay in ketosis (click here to find out more about the Ketogenic Diet).
What is MCT?
MCT is short for Medium-Chain Triglycerides, which are saturated fatty acids found in coconut oil. MCT oils like Bulletproof Brain Octane are uniquely able to metabolise effortlessly in the body. This is because they quickly convert to ketones and give you a fast and clean source of energy.
Why add butter
Adding a high-quality organic grass-fed butter or ghee will also boost energy, by giving your body additional healthy fats required for cellular energy production.
4 reasons butter is good for you
1. Butter is packed with fat-soluble vitamins
2. Butter is a unique source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) – potentially a powerful anti-cancer agent
3. Contains 4% butyric acid, an anti-carcinogenic short-chain fatty acid
4. Grass-fed butters also contain k2 – which protects you from heart disease, promotes healthy skin, strengthens bones, promotes brain function and helps to prevent cancer
Bulletproof Coffee recipe
This Bulletproof Coffee recipe is for one person – just double it for two.
1. Start with 200ml of filtered boiling water
2. Measure 2 1/2 heaped tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans and brew using your favourite coffee brewing method – french press, moka, Aeropress etc.
4. Add one tablespoon grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee (build up to two tablespoons or more over several days).
5. Mix in a blender for 20 seconds until the oil and butter are emulsified so the drink is frothy and looks like a creamy latte without a film of oil on the surface.
6. Pour into your favourite cup, or enjoy it in the Bulletproof Travel mug.
Enjoy your coffee!
Coffee on the go:
We have tested using the Bulletproof Travel mug for making coffee on the go. These do produce foam as pictured but be very careful to secure the lid as the contents will be hot. It helps to use a frothing spiral for extra froth and to help it mix.
You can view Dave Asprey’s video on how you make Bulletproof Coffee here:
To shop our Bulletproof Coffee range click here.