Nurture your gut microbiome
Smidge® - Probiotic Capsules (formerly Primal Gut™)
A 13-strain formula that aims to create and sustain a healthy gut microbiome.
Let me know when back in stock
No artificial colours
No artificial preservatives
Smidge® Probiotic Capsules (formerly Primal Gut™) is essential for advanced gut health as this 13-strain blend helps you regenerate and maintain a healthy microbiome.
Smidge® Probiotic capsules are ideal if you've used probiotics in the past and are at a more advanced stage of digestive healing — and want to keep maintaining a healthy gut. You may have experienced some benefits of probiotic supplements but want more, or wanting more than your current probiotic is delivering.
This little capsule holds 13 clinically-proven probiotic strains for gut health; 12 human strains and one plant strain (L. rhamnosus, L. casei, L. acidophilus, L. paracasei, L. brevis, L. gasseri, L. salivarius, B. bifidum, B. breve, B. infantis, B. longum, B. lactis — and the green guy, L. plantarum).
These probiotics are living organisms that reside deep within your gut. They can help to digest food and absorb nutrients and keep harmful microorganisms under control.
A healthy community of probiotic bacteria can support the following:
- A strong and well-regulated immune system: Probiotics have been shown in hundreds of studies to both support a vigilant immune system and help regulate immune response.
- Comfortable and thorough digestion: Probiotics support a healthy digestive system and also play critical roles in helping your body break down and absorb nutrients. They even produce critical vitamins when your body is in need, like K2 and several B vitamins.
- A strong gut lining: Probiotics can strengthen the gut lining and may protect the body from the effects of synthetic chemicals and pathogens.
- A healthy urinary and reproductive tract: Healthy microbes in your urogenital tract can occupy space and produce chemicals that keep troublesome microbes in check.
- A sharp memory, steady concentration, and an overall positive feeling: Research reveals these friendly organisms help your body produce neurotransmitters that shape the way your brain grows and functions — to boost mood and ease mild anxiety.
- A healthy heart, glowing skin, and more.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Smidge recommends taking your probiotic with a meal or directly before the meal (around the same time daily). It's beneficial if the meal also contains some natural, organic fat or oil.
Taking your probiotic with yummy food provides a buffering system for the supplement and ensures its safe passage through the digestive tract. Food also provides the friendly bacteria in your probiotic the proper nourishment to ensure its survival in your gut.
Smidge Probiotics work best with an ancestral diet: unprocessed foods (meat, vegetables, fruits), healthy fats (olive oil, butter, lard, coconut oil, etc.) and no grains (i.e., no wheat, corn, rice, etc.).
Please avoid taking probiotics with certain foods that may diminish the potency:
- Avoid chlorinated water.
- Avoid hot soup and hot beverages (coffee, tea, etc.).
- Avoid highly processed foods (store-bought juice, sugar, wheat and soy products).
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
This product is a food supplement and is not a replacement for a varied and balanced diet and/or lifestyle.
If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult your medical practitioner first.
Bifidobacterium infantis, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Bifidobacterium breve, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus gasseri, Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus salivarius, Microcrystalline cellulose (base for encapsulation), Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), and water. Other ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxy-propyl methylcellulose, water.
Made in the USA for Organic 3, Inc.
26677 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48034
Functional Self Limited
20-22 Wenlock Road
London, N1 7GU
Supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Always read labels, warnings, and instructions provided with products before consuming or using any product. Do not exceed the recommended dose. If you are 18 years or younger, pregnant, breastfeeding, on medication, have a medical condition, or are allergic to any listed ingredients, please consult your doctor or healthcare professional before using a product. If adverse reactions occur, discontinue use immediately and consult a doctor. Where applicable, do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children.
Unless clearly stated otherwise, Functional Self is not the manufacturer of products sold on our website. Although we endeavour to make sure information about the products we sell is correct, manufacturers may change product information, and information on packaging and labels may differ from information on our website. We strongly recommend that you do not rely solely on information from our website, but always read labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before consuming or using any product. If you have any concerns, please contact the manufacturer. Products sold through this website and information contained on this website are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition. Functional Self accepts no liability for inaccurate information on the part of manufacturers.