The Lean Green Smoothie
Elevate your morning routine with this nutrient-packed green smoothie! KIKI's Liquid Chlorophyll takes centre stage, elevating nutrient density and supporting digestive health, neutralising toxins, and boosting the immune system. Say goodbye to bad breath and hello to a glowing complexion with this powerful alkalising ingredient. We've added another secret wellness weapon to this recipe - collagen powder. Whether you prefer bovine or marine-based collagen, it can improve skin elasticity, hydrate joints, promote gut health, and build lean muscle mass. And to top it off, add a swirl of Brain Octane Oil, a type of MCT oil, to boost mental clarity and physical performance to keep you focused and energised all day long.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 frozen spinach / handful fresh ones
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon KIKI Health - Liquid Chlorophyll
- 1 tablespoon Bulletproof - Brain Octane Oil
- 2 scoops of your chosen collagen powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or any choice of milk; soy or oat milk
- Optional add ins: 1 tbsp peanut or almond butter, a scoop of your favourite protein powder, a teaspoon of Bee Bread, a teaspoon of raw cocao nibs, a dash of cinnamon, or mushrooms.
- 1. Add half of the unsweetened almond milk, plus frozen banana, frozen mango, spinach, chia seeds to a blender.
- 2. Add the KIKI Health - Liquid Chlorophyll and Bulletproof - Brain Octane Oil.
- 3. Add a couple of scoops of quality collagen powder and blend until smooth.
- 4. Gradually add the rest of the almond milk and blend until the desired consistency is reached.
Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Common questions for green smoothie beginners:
Why should I use frozen fruit?
We suggest using frozen fruits in your smoothie to achieve a beautiful thick and creamy consistency.
Will I taste the spinach?
No, the sweetness of the bananas and mango will overpower the bitterness of the spinach and mask the taste.
What is KIKI’s Liquid Clorophyll?
KIKI's Liquid Chlorophyll helps to elevate this vibrant and nutrient density smoothie to the next level. It may support digestive health, neutralise toxins, support the immune system, reduce bad breath, improve skin health, and reduce inflammation in the body. As for the taste, liquid chlorophyll has a slightly bitter and earthy flavour; however, when added to this smoothie, the flavour is greatly masked by the other ingredients.
What does Brain Octane oil do?
Brain Octane Oil is a type of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil that can support cognitive function and physical performance. MCT oils are quickly absorbed by the body and converted into ketones, which are used as an alternative source of energy for the brain (read: increase mental clarity, focus, and energy levels).
Additionally, Brain Octane Oil is may support weight loss by increasing satiety, promoting fat oxidation, and reducing carbohydrate cravings. Some research suggests that MCT oils can help to reduce body weight, body fat, and waist circumference when used as part of a weight loss program.
Which collagen powder should I use?
It comes down to your personal preference. At Functional Self, we stock a range of high-quality grass-fed beef collagen as well as marine collagen powders to fit your needs.
What are the benefits of adding collagen power to your smoothies?
When added to a smoothie, collagen powder can provide a boost of protein and help to promote overall health and wellness. Some of the potential benefits of adding collagen powder to a smoothie include:
- Supporting skin health: Collagen can help to improve skin elasticity and hydration, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and promote a healthy, youthful-looking complexion.
- Boosting joint health: Collagen is an important component of joint health and can help to reduce pain, stiffness, and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis.
- Promoting gut health: Collagen can help to support gut health by promoting the growth of good bacteria and reducing inflammation in the digestive tract.
- Building lean muscle mass: Collagen is a type of protein that can help to build lean muscle mass and support recovery after exercise.